FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Some of the questions commonly asked by our customers.
What is an FFL?
“A “FFL” is a Federal Firearm License. There are currently over 58,000 FFL holders nationwide. FFL holders are commonly gun stores, pawn shops, and retail sporting goods stores. However, there are also many individuals that hold a FFL. All firearms sold to individuals online must be shipped to a local FFL holder who will then transfer the firearm (via ATF form 4473 and associated background check) to the individual.”
How do I arrange to have a local FFL handle my transfer?
“You can simply choose a local FFL from our list, or we can add your preferred local FFL to our list by simply having them fax us a copy of their FFL to (850) 213-2385. Please communicate with your chosen FFL prior to completing your purchase with us. You will want to ask for their approval of the transfer as well as their transfer fee.”
What is the average FFL transfer fee?
The average fee tends to be around $25. For their exact transfer fee, please contact your chosen FFL directly.
Can you ship my firearm direct to me at my home or office?
No, all firearms must be shipped to a verified FFL (Federal Firearm License) holder. The only exceptions are some black powder firearms, and then only to approved states.
How do I know if I can legally purchase a firearm?
Before you’re able to take possession of your firearm from your dealer you’ll be required to pass a background check. This is a fairly simple process. You’ll fill out the below form and your dealer will call the information in to FBI NICS. Typically, while your dealer is on the phone he’ll receive one of the following responses – approved, delayed, or denied. Please check your state and local regulations as well, several states/locals have additional requirements.
SHIPPING A FIREARM – FFLs AND TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP
Elevated Silence will transfer ownership of any firearm ONLY to individuals or agencies in possession of a valid Federal Firearms License (FFL). This means we cannot ship directly to you (unless you have an FFL).
There are only three simple steps
- Find the gun you want You pay us directly for the firearm.
- Choose your FFL dealer (Federal Firearms License): We cannot ship a gun direct to you, we do ship to the local FFL dealer of your choice. Any legitimate gun store or gun dealer has an FFL license; pawn shops and collectors may also have them.
- Pick up your gun: Inspect your gun before accepting the transfer. If you are not happy for any reason leave the gun at the dealer. We will have it picked up for free and offer you an exchange or refund at no cost.
Here is how to arrange a shipment and transfer:
- Find a licensed FFL dealer in your area.
- Contact the dealer and let them know you would like to receive a firearm for transfer from Elevatedsilence.com.
- Be sure to ask about their FFL transfer fee, commonly around $25 but varies by state.
- If you agree to their fee, arrange the transfer with your FFL dealer. (We do not arrange the transfer)
- Provide your dealer with our mailing address or fax number where they can send a copy of their FFL.(if not already on file)
- Once you have selected an FFL for your transfer, please indicate the dealers name (name on the FFL) on your order so we know where to ship your firearm.
To Speed Up Your Order:
- If choosing an FFL dealer not already on file, please type the dealers name in the COMMENTS section of your order.
- Please include your ORDER NUMBER on any correspondence you or your FFL may send us.
It is best to locate a FFL dealer to transfer your gun before you place your order. However, you can place your order first and then provide us with your FFL dealer info before we ship. We will hold your order for about 7 business days to give you time to locate a dealer and arrange a transfer.
If you encounter any problems or special circumstances, please call 850-499-6384 We will be happy to address your concerns.
Once the firearm is ready to be picked up at your FFL, Please INSPECT THE FIREARM THOROUGHLY to make sure it is exactly what you ordered and that there are no defects with the firearm. If there are any problems whatsoever, DO NOT ACCEPT THE TRANSFER !! We will gladly have the firearm picked up and returned to us at our expense and provide you with your choice of a replacement or full refund.
Once you accept transfer, the gun is considered used and must be returned directly to the manufacturer for warranty repair or replacement. Any returns to Elevatedsilence.com AFTER accepting transfer from your dealer will be subject to a 10% restock fee, no exceptions.
At your request Elevated Silence will transfer your purchased firearm to a licensed gun dealer in your state.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that a firearm is legal to own in your state.
- It is your responsibility to complete all required paperwork when you pick up your purchase from your local dealer.
- It is your responsibility to contact the FFL dealer.
- Be aware that it is customary for your local dealer to charge a transaction fee at the time you pick up your purchase.
This transfer fee is strictly between you and your local dealer. It is your responsibility to check with your local dealer concerning any policy of this kind and concerning your obligations. You do not pay Elevated Silence the transfer fee. By purchasing a firearm from us you acknowledge that you may have to pay your dealer a fee for transferring the gun to you.
You the buyer are responsible for forwarding a copy of the FFL and all pertinent contact information to Elevated Silence Our contact information is as follows:
ATTN: Online Sales
794 N.Co. Hwy 393, Ste G
Santa Rosa Beach, Fl 32459
Click HERE for Item Return Address
Fax Number (now accepting FFL’s via fax):
Email: Click HERE to email us.
Our hours of operation are (Eastern Standard Time):
Monday – Friday: 9:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
There are NO SHIPPING charges for firearms at Elevated Silence. The only exception being Long Guns shipped to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. The shipping charge for most small accessories is $9. Whenever possible, we will combine shipping for multiple small accessories on the same order. Shipping insurance is offered at a rate of $1 per $100 ordered item(s) value. Elevated Silence is not responsible for uninsured items lost or damaged in transit by UPS or USPS. If you would like to review the total shipping charges for your order, click Checkout to preview the order. You can preview the order, including shipping charges, before you click to Confirm your order. The shipping and handling charge covers the cost of standard shipping. If you require expedited shipping, the shipping fees will be greater. You must contact us for a quote if you require expedited shipping. We do NOT ship to PO Boxes.
Firearms normally ship within 3-7 working days after we receive your payment and a copy of the Federal Firearms License. Non-firearm orders normally ship from 3 to 7 days after we receive your payment.
All handguns are shipped via a 2-3 delivery service, UPS Blue or USPS Priority Mail depending on the delivery location.
HAWAII, ALASKA AND PUERTO RICO ORDERS
Shipping charges to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico may be higher than our standard charges.
Returns are ONLY accepted for merchandise found defective immediately upon receipt. Elevated Silence will provide YOUR CHOICE of a replacement item (pending availability) or full refund AND pay the return shipping cost on all firearms and accessories found defective upon receipt. For your added convenience, Elevated Silence will also arrange for the defective items to be picked up and returned to us by the original shipper. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RETURN PACKAGES TO THE ADDRESS ON THE BOX AS WE WILL BE UNABLE TO VERIFY YOUR RETURN AND ISSUE REPLACEMENT OR REFUND.
ALL RETURNS MUST SHIP TO
794 N. Co. Hwy 393, Ste G
Santa Rosa Beach, Fl 32459
VERY IMPORTANT – FIREARM RETURNS !! Please take your time to inspect all firearms thoroughly BEFORE proceeding with the transfer. Once a new firearm is transferred to you it is considered used, even if unfired. Consequently, we cannot provide a full refund for new firearms once they have been transferred into your possession. Also, we DO NOT reimburse FFL transfer fees on returned items. We do understand that some manufacturer defects may not be identifiable upon initial inspection. However, upon discovering a defect AFTER the transfer, the firearm MUST be returned directly to the manufacturer for replacement or repair(in accordance with manufacturers warranty policy). By sending a defective firearm directly to the manufacturer, you can avoid the unnecessary transfer fees of returning the firearm to us through your local FFL dealer. If we do receive a defective firearm that has already been transferred, we will simply forward the firearm to the manufacturer on your behalf. Manufacturer repaired firearms can be returned directly to the customer without additional FFL transfer or associated fees. However, if the manufacturer chooses to replace the firearm, the replacement firearm must transfer through your local FFL dealer to document the replacement firearm serial number.
All Ammunition Sales are Final
PICKING UP ITEMS FROM OUR RETAIL STORE
If you intend to pick up an item from our retail store that you have ordered, please allow 4 working days before pickup. Be sure to call in advance to see if your order is ready.
We must charge Florida sales tax (7%) if you pick a gun up from the retail store. (You should see this amount calculated into your order before you complete your purchase).
If you are not a legal resident of Florida you cannot pick up a handgun from our store; you must have the gun transferred to a dealer in your state. You may pick up a rifle or shotgun from our store if it is legal to own in your state of residence.
Your satisfaction and sense of privacy is a priority for us, so we take a number of steps to ensure your safety and to give you a pleasurable shopping experience with us.
Credit Card Numbers
Your credit card transaction is conducted through a secure server. Your credit card number is stored only long enough for a charge to be made to it. Once the charge is completed, the number is removed from our server to guarantee your safety and privacy.
We understand the annoyance of receiving junk e-mail. So, we want you to know that your e-mail address will never be given out or sold to any outside party, even ones that you might be interested in. This ensures that when you give your e-mail address to us for ordering or account purposes, you will not receive any other e-mail resulting from that action.
Our regular e-mails are limited to order confirmations, customer questions, and possibly an optional newsletter. If you have an account with us, you may choose to not receive our newsletter if we offer one.
We never give out your e-mail address, as described above. Any names or addresses provided will only be used by you the customer, and by us — elevatedsilence.com — for ordering or shipping purposes. elevatedsilence.com complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing the sale, transfer and ownership of firearms.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”How To Purchase NFA Title II (“Class 3”) Items From Elevatedsilence.com ” tab_id=”1464058150942-b1a8c8bb-65bf”][vc_message]How to Purchase NFA (“Class 3”) Items from Elevatedsilence.com
General Information for NFA Firearms & Suppressors National Firearms Act (NFA), Title II (Class III) items commonly available for purchase include select fire machine guns (“full auto”) manufactured before 19 May 1986 (including certain parts for these firearms), short-barreled rifles and shotguns, suppressors (“silencers”) and any part comprising a suppressor, and a selection of firearms identified as Any Other Weapons (AOW). So-called “Destructive Devices” are also NFA items, but not commonly available to purchase. For more information on AOW firearms, please refer to the following link: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firearms-guides-importation-verification-firearms-national-firearms-act-definitions-any.
Individuals, Corporations, and Trusts Where permitted, purchase and ownership of Title II firearms and suppressors is available to Individuals, Corporations, and Trusts. Which entity you choose in order to complete the paperwork for Title II purchases is up to you, but we recommend getting qualified advice from a knowledgeable source, such as an attorney who is well-versed in NFA law.
We can report that many people are utilizing Trusts, but if you use a trust, be certain your trust does not violate the NFA; the repercussions can be substantial.
How much does it cost? An individual purchasing an existing NFA item – other than an AOW item – is required to pay a onetime $200 transfer tax to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives in addition to the purchase price of the item and the receiving dealer’s transfer fee. The AOW firearms transfer tax is only five dollars, plus the purchase price of the item and the receiving dealer’s transfer fee. Should the item be transferred to another person in the future, a separate transfer tax must be paid at that time by the new prospective owner.
What kind of forms to file? Your transferring FFL will usually assist you with the filing of ATF form 5320.4, also known as “Form 4,” filed in duplicate. This form is required in order to transfer the NFA item from the receiving FFL to you. You should also submit one copy of ATF Form 5330.20 (Certification of Compliance), which is used to certify U.S. Citizenship. If you are filing within a trust, a copy of the trust goes along with the forms.
How long is the wait? Wait time for ATF approval of the forms varies from as little as twelve weeks to several months. Currently, wait time is averaging a little over six months.
Barring certain federal, state, or local prohibitions, an individual who is at least 21 years of age and currently able to purchase and possess any non-NFA firearms will also be eligible to purchase an NFA firearm from an NFA dealer. You need only provide us with three things to complete an NFA item purchase online:
- Payment: You pay us for the firearm or suppressor in full at time of the order (there are no layaway purchase plans for NFA items).
- Federal Firearms License (FFL)
- Special Occupational Tax License (SOT) We must ship a Title II firearm or suppressor directly to your receiving FFL, so we require a copy of the receiving dealer’s FFL and a copy of their SOT. Prior to ordering from us, arrange transfer and shipment with your receiving dealer:
- Find a licensed Class III FFL dealer in your area (sometimes called an “NFA” dealer)
- Contact the dealer and let them know you would like to receive a Title II firearm or suppressor for transfer from elevatedsilence.com
- Be sure to ask about their transfer fee for your NFA item (typically $50-$100)
- If you agree to their fee, arrange the transfer with your NFA dealer (we do not arrange the transfer).
- Provide your receiving dealer with our contact information so that the receiving dealer can send us a copy of their FFL & SOT (if not already on file with us). Mailing Address: 794 N. Co. Hwy 393, Suite G, Santa Rosa Beach, Fl 32459. E-mail: email@example.com Fax: 850-213-2385
- Once you have selected an FFL for your transfer, please indicate the dealer’s name on your order so we know where to ship your firearm or suppressor. How to help the process go smoother… When choosing a Class III FFL dealer not already on file, please type the dealer’s name in the COMMENTS section of your order. Please include your ORDER NUMBER on any correspondence you or your Class III FFL may send us. It is recommended to locate a Class III FFL dealer to transfer your item before you place your order. –VERY IMPORTANT– Once the firearm or suppressor is received by your Class III FFL, INSPECT THE FIREARM/SUPPRESSOR THOROUGHLY to make sure that there are no defects with the item. If there are any problems whatsoever, DO NOT FILL OUT FORM 4! Notify us and we will gladly have the firearm or suppressor picked up and returned to us. Once you fill out the Form 4, the firearm or suppressor is considered used and must be returned directly to the manufacturer for warranty repair or replacement. Elevatedsilence.com will not accept any returned NFA firearms or suppressors for any reason, other than a manufacturer’s defect. There is a 20% restocking fee on any returned NFA firearm or suppressor that is illegal in your state, or if you are prohibited to own an NFA firearm or suppressor. –NO EXCEPTIONS– The information on this page is for reference purposes only and not intended to be used as legal advice. Some states permit all types of NFA items, other states permit only certain types, and a few states do not permit NFA firearms or suppressors. For more detailed information, please contact the local ATF office in your state, or the ATF/NFA branch in Martinsburg, West Virginia (304) 616-4500, or via e-mail: NFA@atf.gov
“Payment Options & Cancellation Fees”
All prices on Elevatedsilence.com are cash-discounted prices. Please review the list below to see which payment types are eligible for the discount.
Payment methods accepted by Elevatedsilence.com are
- Money Order(3%cash discount applies)
- Certified Check (3% cash discount applies)
- Personal Checks including online bill payments (3% cash discount applies, orders held for 5 business days for check to clear)
- E-Check / ACH (3% cash discount applies, orders held for 5 business days to allow funds to clear our bank)
- Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover Credit Cards (cash discount does not apply). Debit cards may only be run as Credit Cards and therefore a cash discount does not apply.
- 90 Day Layaway (Most Firearms): 20% non-refundable deposit; pay balance in 90 days ($298 Minimum Purchase Required).
If you don’t completely understand the cash-discount, you may proceed through checkout until the last page*. On the last page of checkout you can preview the total and the discount or non-discounted* prices. We do not receive your personal information unless you complete your order.
Checks and Money Orders should be mailed to:
794 N. Co Hwy 393, Ste G
Santa Rosa Beach, Fl 32459
Please verify that your name and order number is included on your payment so that we quickly credit your order.
CANCELLATION AND ORDER CHANGE FEES
We invest time and money to prepare every order that is placed on our site, even before the order ships. After you have placed your order online, or over the phone with a sales associate you will be charged 10% Cancellation/Change fee if you decide to cancel the order or substitute products. You will not be charged any additional fee for adding items to an existing order. By placing an order online or making a phone order with a sales associate you agree to pay this 10% Cancellation/Change fee should you cancel or change your order. Our business is not set up to change orders easily. We apologize for having to implement these changes, but it is necessary in order to keep our prices low for our customers.